CATEGORIESInitial projects chosen!
BLOG: Holy Cross Lutheran Church
17 April 2015
A Better Choice
3007 E Central (near Central and Hillside)
1. Outdoor light labor: Remulch, pick up the litter on property, weed and light pruning. Eight to ten able-bodied adults from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
2. Indoor work with baby items: Unpackage baby items, sort and bag diapers, may work with new baby clothing or bath products and fold brochures. Assemble layettes/newborn gifts. Four to six of any age or ability from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Donations of items are also needed for this project. See sign-up sheet.
Goodies for Heroes
1. Sign up to provide items to be delivered to local fire and police stations. See sign-up sheet.
2. Deliver items any time during the day, see sign-up sheet
Family 47th and Broadway area
Install countertops, sink and disposal in kitchen. Need 2-3 people with carpentry and plumbing abilities. (FILLED)
Sort through clutter/trash in house, pack items into boxes to be moved to storage and sorted through by owner later, and dispose of trash. Need 3-4 adults.
Install trim around bathroom door, paint trim and door. Install curtain over window in shower. Need one person high school or older.
Clean up yard, remove thorny weeds, possible landscaping to prepare for Girl Scout troop to plant flowers/shrubs later. Clean up and haul off trash in back yard. Need 2-4 able-bodied people middle school or older with good gloves.
Catholic Care Center
6700 E 45th St N (between Woodlawn & Rock)
1. Replace mulch around Catholic Care Center/Spiritual Life Center. 15 – 20 persons above the age of 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
2. Outside window washing. 4 to 6 youth or adults from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Donation Drive for Gently Used Resale 2523 S. Seneca
Donation Drive for Gently Used Resale Pick up items from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m., load items collected at Holy Cross, and deliver to store. Need 4-6 able-bodied people high-school or older, with a truck or trailer if possible. (FILLED)
See flyer for donation guidelines
Member project Derby
Spring yard cleaning, mostly trimming and weeding. Need 3-4 people middle school or older from 8 to 11 a.m. or 12 to 3 p.m.
Individual in Oaklawn area
1. Clean up back yard, cut down tall weeds and volunteer trees. Dispose of tires and old dog house. Need 4-6 able-bodied people middle school or older from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.
2. Provide needed items: diabetic-friendly meals and snacks, bottled water, personal care and cleaning items. See sign-up sheet.
3. Install grab bar in bathroom, purchase and install blinds in living room. 1 person high school or older, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
Member project Off Harry between Webb and Greenwich
Spring yard cleaning, mostly trimming and weeding. Need 4 people middle school or older from 8 to 11 a.m. and 4 people middle school or older from 12 to 3 p.m.
Lutheran Student Center 3815 East 17th Street (between Oliver and Hillside)
1. Outdoor: Assemble picnic table, hoe and edge the sand volleyball court, trim shrubs. Need 4-6 able-bodied people high-school or older from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (FILLED)
2. Indoor: Hang two large mirrors in the restrooms, organize the closet, organize cables in back of the TV (open a hole in the back of our TV cabinet, pull wires through), clean the inside (mop, dust, vacuum, kitchen, dining room, restrooms, and TV room). Need 2 people middle-school or older from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. (FILLED)
School project Minneha 701 N. Webb Rd (Just north of Central)
Clean out flower beds to prepare for kindergarten classes to plant. Need 6-8 people, middle school or older from 8:00-11:00 a.m.